Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Blake and Chris' Upcoming Visit

A few years later, still loving cowboy hats
My earliest vision regarding the friendship of Blake and Chris is of them standing on opposing curbs
at our Deer Park homes staring at each other.  Chris lived across the street.  Chris was wearing a cowboy hat and boots…. and diaper.  Blake was wearing a cowboy hat…. and diaper.  So to clear things up this was around 1989-90.  We eventually allowed them to cross the street, with supervision, and they’ve been best friend ever since.  I consider Chris my third son. 

No waders needed this time
So the question I have posed to the diaper buddies is “do you want the cruising experience or do you want the George Town Experience?”  The general answer received has been, “whatever.”  Do you need a change of diaper… “whatever.”  So… really what it comes down to is the weather.  Imagine that.  If the weather allows we will cruise over to Long Island, about 25 NM to the SE.  If not, they’ll get the George Town experience.  Regardless, you best not keep me up past my bed time and you best not take my chair at the dinner table.  Oh, and don’t light any gasoline in the garage to see if it will light…. It will.  Come on guys… 12 is old enough to realize it will and it might even burn the house down.  So a few other things while I’m at it… If you want a hot shower on the boat, remember to fill your solar shower bag, no shoes worn on board, limited supply of water, limited 12 volt electricity, only organic material down the toilet, bring limited luggage and don’t run the dinghy prop aground.  Wow, I feel like I’m going back in time. 

Seriously, we are so looking forward to having those two knuckleheads starting Thursday.  Maybe not as much as Veronica, but still. 

Stay tuned.  Mom and Carol, continue to have your churches pray for us.  Ruth, now you know why the recent mani’s, pedi’s, back rubs and gourmet meals.  Oh, I made up the part about personality.  Jenna and Malori, we’ll try not to send them home before Tuesday and God, bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment