Friday, December 13, 2019

Guest Blogger Art.

Since today is Art's last day on the boat.  I've asked him to write his version of our adventure:

The Bubble
My two weeks in a bubble by day and a cave by night is coming to an end. The bubble is the cockpit of Pura Vida surrounded by clear plastic for protection of cold weather and the cave is the V-birth that I crashed in early each night.  My 15 day journey from Port Arthur Texas to Apalachicola Florida with my brother was fun.  My part of his and Ruth’s Journey to the Bahamas, was to help Greg get their boat to Florida. Mission accomplished.

Art's Cave
Getting up before sunrise, motoring/sailing 25 to 60 miles a day has been an adventure.  So many sights in nature were revealed; eagles, ducks, pelicans, abandoned and partially sunk sailboats, people, barges, riverboats, houses, towering motels, old towns, cities, forest, swamps, bayous, sandy white beaches, rivers, including the mighty Mississippi. We sailed in sounds, bays, and the Gulf of Mexico. We even anchored at an island in the Gulf one night.  For some reason, Mark Twain comes to mind.

We didn’t watch TV; however, we did have our computers (Greg logged into his blog each night).  Guitars were brought out on several occasions.  Spending time with Greg brought back memories of two young boys sharing a room at our parent’s house on Brinkman Drive, in Port Arthur. Conversations would come up like “what do you think dad would say about this trip?”  We both concluded the same answer and laughed.  He wouldn’t care for it.

Time has gone by as quickly and as smoothly as a pair of Pelicans gliding inches above the surface of the water.  My watch is over and my nephew, Bryce, will take my place.  I’m sure he will enjoy this adventure as much as I have.

Thanks Ruth and Greg for letting me be part of your journey.

Art

1 comment: